For the first year in as long as I can remember, my family decided not to take any “big” trips this summer. At first I felt a little sad about missing out on something I had come to rely on, and even take for granted.
But when I realized that what I really want is to have fun and make memories with my family and friends, the “Summer Bucket List” idea was born. I’m going to use this list to make sure that, even though we’re mostly at home, we make the most out of our summer, and so we’ll know at the end of it that we did everything we set out to do.
In no particular order, here are the things that make up my family’s summer bucket list:
- Make Giant Bubble Wands
- Watch at Least One Sunset from start to finish
- Go Berry Picking
- Go Fishing
- See the Lion King Musical (it’s playing nearby!)
- Have a Picnic at the Park
- Visit Griffin’s Cousins in Tennessee
- Play Tag with Neighborhood Kids
- Go Camping
- Set up a Lemonade Stand
- Go Swimming in Waterholes and Waterfall-filled Rivers
- Go to an Amusement Park or Carnival
- Go to an Asheville Tourist’s (Local Baseball Team) Game
- Make Homemade Ice Cream
- Have a Sprinkler Party
- Go Zip Lining
- Watch Fireworks
- Make S’Mores
If you liked this post, I think you’ll enjoy the free weekly Special Delivery eZine. Just sign up here and it will be delivered to your inbox every Tuesday!